Garfield and Van Norden, "If Philosophy Won't Diversify..."
Comments on Garfield and Van Norden
- Chinese translation of Garfield and Van Norden, "If Philosophy Won't Diversify...": 哲学若无多样性，只配称为欧美哲学
- Discussion: Should Philosophy Departments Change Their Names? Readers Join the Debate, New York Times Online, Editorial Page Editor’s Blog
- Critique: Anglophone Departments Aren’t “Departments of European and American Philosophy” by Brian Leiter, Leiter Reports
- Support: When Someone Suggests Expanding the Canon by Amy Olberding, Daily Nous
- Qualified Support by Justin Smith on NUNC ENIM SERMO DE TOTO EST
- Critique: Not All Things Good and Wise Are Philosophy by Nicholas Tampio, Aeon
- Discussion: Twitter debate between Nicholas Tampio, Bryan Van Norden, et al.
- Support: Critique of Tampio's Critique: "Eurocentrism and Political Correctness" on Examined Worlds blog.
- Support: Critique of Tampio's Critique: "Department of Deviance Named 'Wise and Good,'" by Amy Olberding.
- Qualified Support: Diversity, “Neutrality,” Philosophy by John Drabinski
- Support: Philosophy’s Gatekeepers by Leigh M. Johnson
- Critique: “Yes – Let’s Call Philosophy What It Really Is,” by D. Kyle Peone in The Weekly Standard
- Critique: Robert McGarvey, “There’s a Reason Western Philosophy Is Dominant,” in Troy Media
- Critique: NYT Op-Ed: Supremacy of Western Culture “Hard to Justify,” by Mairead McArdle, in Newsbusters
- Support: Diversify or Die by Joshua Miller
- Support: Getting Buddhist Philosophy (and Other Non-Western Thought) into the Academy, by Justin S. Whitaker on Patheos
- Qualified Support: Diversifying the Philosophical Canon and Access to True Values by J. Edward Hackett on Philosophical Percolations
- Qualified Support: Department of Euro-American Mathematics? by Michael Harris on Mathematics without Apologies
- Critique by Philosoraptor
- Support by Amy Cools on Ordinary Philosophy blog
- Critique: On the Very Idea of Non-Western Philosophy by Eric Schliesser on Digressions and Impressions
- Critique: Rejecting Philosophy: On The Very Idea of Western Philosophy, Again, by Eric Schliesser on Digressions and Impressions
- Qualified Support: The Still Invisible Dimension of “Western Philosophy” by John Protevi
- Support: Vassar College Wants Diversified Courses by Emily Sayer
- Support: Sam Dresser, “The Lack of Diversity in Philosophy Is Limiting Its Progress”
- Discussion: Reddit
Citation on Wikiquote